Must Have Sunscreens for Oily and Dark Skin

Hey y'all! I struggled for several years to find a sunscreen that did not break me out, leave me with a white cast, and was not too expensive. After searching for a couple of years, I finally got it right and I want to share my favorites with you.

What do I look for in a sunscreen?

  • Consistency is key; I do not like thick and greasy sunscreens.
  • I also consider the price; I am not going above $30.
  • I need it to make me glow without clogging up my pores.

Why is it important to wear sunscreen?

Honestly, I wear sunscreen because I struggle with hyperpigmentation. I use ingredients that sensitize my skin to the sun, and I do not want to erase all my hard work. However, dermatologists recommend using sunscreen daily with reapplication every two hours when in direct sunlight to prevent damage to your skin from harmful UV rays.

Urbanskin RX Complexion Protection Sunscreen

First up is the Urbanskin RX Complexion Protection. I was pleasantly surprised by this sunscreen; it has a light consistency and it is easily absorbed into my skin. This is my most recent acquisition, and I have been neglecting my other K-beauty sunscreens. I am hooked. It also left me with an amazing glow, and my skin did not get greasy as the day progressed. It is also easy to wash off, sometimes your sunscreen may leave a greasy residue on your face, and I hate that feeling.

SPF 30

Cost: $18 on Amazon 



Beauty of Josean Relief Sun Organic Sunscreen 

Omg! I absolutely love this sun stick; it is super convenient to carry around and apply. Once again, if you notice a pattern here, all my favorite sunscreens leave me with a beautiful glow and do not clog my skin. If you are always on the move and cannot bother with reapplying using your hands, this is the sunscreen for you. Also, Round Lab is a top brand in Korea. That means a lot because many popular K-beauty products in the Western domain are not really used in Korea.The name says it all; the sunscreen is incredibly hydrating. It has hyaluronic acid to help with hydration. It is a creamy formulation that is easily absorbed into the skin. Honestly, it feels like I just applied moisturizer, and it does not make me greasy. I find that most chemical Korean sunscreens are great for darker skin. I have been sticking to Korean sunscreens for a while now; however, I have tossed my favorite Korean sunscreens to the side in favor of my Urbanskin Rx sunscreen. Please leave your thoughts on this blog post below and let me know if you have any sunscreen suggestions for me.

SPF 50

Cost: $21.99 on Amazon 


Omg! I absolutely love this sun stick; it is super convenient to carry around and apply. Once again, if you notice a pattern here, all my favorite sunscreens leave me with a beautiful glow and do not clog my skin. If you are always on the move and cannot bother with reapplying using your hands, this is the sunscreen for you. Also, Round Lab is a top brand in Korea. That means a lot because many popular K-beauty products in the Western domain are not really used in Korea.

SPF 50

Cost: $25 on Amazon 




Round Lab Birch Juice Moisturizing Sunscreen

The name says it all, the sunscreen is incredibly moisturizing. It has Hylauronic acid to help with hydration. It is a creamy formulation that is easily absorbed into the skin. Honestly, it feel like I just applied moisturizer, and it does not make me greasy. 

Final Thoughts

I find that most Chemical Korean sunscreens are great for darker skin. I have been sticking to Korean sunscreens for a while now however, I have tossed my favourite korean suncreens to the side in favor of my Urbanskin Rx sunscreen. 

Please leave your thoughts on this blog post below and let me know if you have any sunscreen suggestions for me. 

-Nika



Comments